What is CanExport SME?
The CanExport SMEs Program provides direct financial assistance up to $50,000 to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) registered in Canada seeking new export opportunities, particularly in high-growth emerging markets and sectors. The CanExport SMEs can support you in preparing for and establishing a presence of your business in international markets by funding various activities such as market research, adapting to foreign markets, intellectual property (Patent, Trademark, Copyright, etc.) registration cost including attorney fee and application fee for patent and trademark offices, certifications, expert legal and business advice, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), marketing materials etc.
Who is eligible and can apply?
- You should be a for-profit business.
- You should be an incorporated legal entity, limited liability partnership (LLP) or cooperative
- You should have a Canada Revenue Agency business number
- You should be employing fewer than 500 full-time equivalent employees
- You should have $100,000 to $100 million in declared revenue in Canada during the past fiscal year (or last 12 months)
- Gathering market intelligence (custom research, reports and studies)
- Application fees (Attorney fee, application fee at Patent office, etc.) for the protection of intellectual property (IP) in foreign countries. This includes patents, trademarks, copyrights and protection of trade secrets.
- Certification cost in international markets
- Fee for expert legal and business advice
- Search Engine Optimization
- Cost of adapting or creating marketing materials
- Expenses incurred while attending trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences outside Canada
If you are interested in learning more about the CanExport program, please feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to explain the CanExport program in detail and to get funding for expanding your business with the help of our partner consultants.
Canada Government’s other Intellectual Property Assistance Programs